Surviving Softball Tournaments And All
„The hard is what makes it great. If it were easy everybody would do it.” This quote by Rockford Peach Coach Jimmy Dugan in A League of Their Own pretty much sums it up. Whether it is slowpitch softball, fastpitch softball, or baseball, there are basic steps to surviving a tournament, especially a weekend all nighter tournament. This sport is great and here is how you can be at the top of your game.
1. Stay in shape Practice with the team and/or with stand alone training aids. You need canada goose outlet online to be in shape. Chances are that if you are signed up to be in an all nighter, you have canada goose clearance this part covered. Get the cardio working. It’s easier to leg out a homerun when your heart is in top condition. Breathing is good. Also, get in a few extra hits at the batting cage or team pitching machines.
2. Stay hydrated Don’t underestimate the power of H2O. canada goose Water should be your number one choice. Avoid energy drinks as long as possible; all canada goose outlet new york city that sodium can weigh you down in the heat of the canada goose outlet day. Yes this is softball, but please limit https://www.kabbalah-arizal.nl your alcohol intake.
3. Eat right Carb it up. Rice, pasta and other wheat based foods are good sources of carbohydrates to energize your body. Protein (meat and peanut butter) Canada Goose Jackets will help repair torn muscles. Milk products will keep your bones strong and avoid breaks or fractures. Avoid crash and burn sugars.
4. Stretch and warm Up Take care of those muscles. They’ll be getting a work out around the clock. Take a slow jog around the cheap canada goose field or park before your game. Throw with a partner to get your arm warmed up. Loosen your back with a few practice swings canada goose outlet sale when you are on deck. You may even want to swing with two softball bats or a softball bat weight.
5. Be prepared Pack a softball emergency kit: canada Canada Goose online goose outlet online uk Biofreeze, ice packs, ace bandages, ibuprofen, antibacterial spray, hand sanitizer, and a change of official canada goose outlet clothes. As simple as it sounds, fresh dry socks can make a big difference in canada goose factory outlet how you feel at your next game. Brick dust and dirt can infect sliders’ strawberries very fast. Keep the antibacterial spray and canada goose outlet store uk Biofreeze in your buy canada goose jacket cheap bat bag so you can use them immediately if needed.
6. Buddy system In addition cheap canada goose uk to setting the alarm clock, trade phone numbers with a teammate. You don’t want to be the reason your team had to forfeit a 4 AM game. Try to stay close to the ball park. If you wake up late, you don’t want a speeding ticket or worse, you don’t want to get into an accident trying to beat the coin toss.
7. Take care of Canada Goose sale your equipment After each game take inventory of your softball equipment. You don’t want canada goose outlet reviews to start a game only to realize that you left your softball glove in the dugout at your last game. Make sure your softball bat can withstand the cold night temperatures. Even in the summer, nights can get canada goose outlet nyc pretty cold. Because cold weather can dent thin walled bats, it is recommend to limit use when temps are below 60 degrees. A bat sock or warmer may help with this.
Follow these steps and you will increase your chances to a fun filled, canada goose outlet canada injury free tournament. It isn’t easy being the best. It takes hard work, preparation, training and responsibility. canada goose outlet uk Being the best is great. Train hard, use the right softball equipment, and enjoy your sport.
Be aware that using your bat in a cage may nullify your softball bat warranty. Use with leather covered balls only, not plastic or rubber cage canada goose uk black friday balls.